Golden on the outside, speckled with herbs, juicy and tender on the inside: is this not everything you want for dinner? If you’re busy running around the house doing other things, this is the perfect recipe to make tonight: with just 10 minutes hands-on time, these chicken breasts basically cook themselves.
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine spices. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté setting and heat oil. Once hot, add chicken breasts. Working in batches if necessary, sear chicken on both sides until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle both sides of chicken with spice mixture.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add broth to pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape and deglaze bottom of pot. Place trivet in pot and arrange chicken on top. Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Follow manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until cycle is complete before unlocking and removing lid.
- Serve chicken with broth spooned over top.